All of our dreams can come true if only we have the courage to pursue them.
After turning 21, I sat back and thought about all of the amazing things I’ve done thus far. Some big and some small. Some expected and some that came from nowhere. Each experience has taught me something and made my journey more unique. Not wanting the fervor and zest for life to end, I decided to put together a list of things I want to say I have done on my dying day. This list, although incomplete, is the beginning of goals I have set for myself. I’m sure I will continue to add on throughout my journey. It’s a work in progress, just like me. Some experiences will be life-changing, some mundane. Some are things I’ve wanted to do forever and others just pop into my head at any given moment. But everything on here is here for a reason. Whether it develops me as a person or fills me with sheer excitement at just the thought, it’s something I want for myself…
1. write a book.
2. start or play a vital role in a non-profit organization empowering young girls.
3. swim with dolphins.
4. open a dance studio/arts center in a low-income area.
5. help build a house.
6. go on a missions trip.
7. hike to the top of a mountain and watch the sunrise. (make sure allergy medicine has been taken prior to the trip, however)
8. go to a sunflower garden or field. (once again, allergy medicine must be in full activation mode)
9. learn to play the piano.
10. ride a hot air balloon.
11. go zip-lining.
12. have a dinner party for at least 5 people and have a 4-course dinner.
13. SUCCESSFULLY make white rice 4 times in a row.
14. take a horse and carriage ride at night.
15. visit Barbie’s Live Dream House Experience.
16. fall deep into a true, genuine, Godly love.
17. go on a cruise.
18. see India.Arie and Jill Scott in concert.
19. be apart of a cause that changes the world (health insurance, etc.)
20. go to Paris and put a padlock on Lover’s bridge.
21. read the entire bible.
22. leave a $100 tip.
23. pay for a person’s food behind me in a drive-thru.
24. take a cooking and/or baking class.
25. make (sew) an article of clothing.
26. buy myself a pair of red bottoms.
27. have a party for my daughter with the theme of “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.”
28. go to a movie and a dinner by myself.
29. go to New Orleans… maybe during Mardi Gras.
30. write my own vows.
31. learn photography.
32. open a clothing boutique.
33. visit Point Barre in NYC.
…and the list goes on.